5.19.2008

Caddy

Matt came running up the stairs (like he always does), burst through the front door and quickly made his way to my curtained bedroom door. He knocked then slide aside a part of the curtain to ask me if I had seen the vehicle parked in front of the apartment.

I told him I had not and he suggested I check it out, because it was pretty amazing. I rose, walked the length of the apartment and into the front room he and Pete share. Parked on the road just in front of our building was this beautifully restored black Cadillac from the 40's or 50's (I don't know cars all that well but it definitely is from that era what with its rounded fenders and ample usage of steel).

Matt said that if we took a picture of the car in front of the apartment with someone dressed the part that you probably wouldn't be able to tell whether it was shot today or 60 years ago. I grabbed my camera, he grabbed his hat and out we went to create our scene.

And it turned out beautifully. Thanks for the great idea, Matt.



4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

These are gorgeous shots... and you're right, totally timeless.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

thanks. do you know what year this car is?

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo! I like these a lot.

5:55 PM  
Blogger About Christina said...

wow. nice job with these shots. I totally thought they were vintage before I read the post.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home