8.31.2009

The Long Weekend (Part One)

I feel as though a small disclaimer must be passed on to those of you who follow this roller coaster ride of emotion I call my blog.

I'm insane, in the most sane way possible.

It would be in your best interest to take what is typed here with a rather large grain of salt. In fact, you might just wanna bring the whole damn shaker along before you read these musings. I write to help calm a dis-eased mind. When the soul is quiet, when the mind is at peace, you’ll see my public musings taper off, as they have for the last couple of weeks.

For the most part, I don’t feel compelled to write when all is well. When the sun is shining, the conversation flowing, the mind feeling healthy and the soul feeling fulfilled I simply don’t have as much need to process what I'm going through in writing.

I understand the inherent tragedy that this situation presents for you the reader. You often hear from me in the midst of the storm rather than when the sails are up and the boat is gliding effortlessly across the strait.

The last three weeks have been beautiful, marked with moments of sorrow of course but overall some of the most soul affirming I’ve had in a long while. Some very good old friends and a few new ones have helped to carry me along. This is the best kind of journey, the kind that gives you just what you need right when you are most in need of it.

The power of human connectivity to change a life should never be underestimated. Compassion, caring and understanding, you can never have too much of these although we often don’t get enough of them.

While I could carry on like this for sometime I think I’ll wrap this post up for now. It's late and...(I broke this post up into two parts after realizing that it was really long).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean.. I only blog when I'm either really excited about something or I'm upset. I just don't have anything to blog about otherwise. I do enjoy reading yours, even if they are written when you're not your happiest. I don't know about you, but I feel poetic when I'm down.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home