9.18.2011

Out Of Mind

It was a quick scramble up the trail with the light fading fast. I knew I could make it to the rock overlook before dark. Arrival. Took time to sit and meditate while facing a beautiful forested valley. It was good to get out of my mind.

Owl calls rose above the canopy. Night had come.

I descended back into the valley with only my headlamp blazing the trail before me. Bats swooped in low, me ducking a couple of times for fear that my head might be mistaken for a meal.





4 Comments:

Blogger BoxCarKatee said...

Your capture of the moth is PERFECTION!

6:03 AM  
Blogger BoxCarKatee said...

So I'm curious.. how many shots did it take you until you got the great moth shot? One? several? Also did you use your headlamp for that lighting or PS? Do you remember what speed? Curious Kate here...

7:58 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

here are the specifics on this shot:

light source: headlamp
camera: fuji f30
iso speed: 200
f 2.8
shutter speed: 1/138

it took about three shots before i snagged this.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Destiny said...

love,love,love your blog. always have.....and some shameless promotion, i didnt know how else to get a hold of you...

http://faucetmouth.blogspot.com/

yes, i have started a blog!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home