6.16.2007

Scribblings

26

I am 26 years old
with earth stained hands
and tree scratched arms.
A face hidden by hair
some curly, some straight
others ranging in color
from pitch black to snow white.
Most days I try to smile
and laugh once or twice
Because as my skin grows older
I want it to tell the story
of a man who laughed and smiled
while passing his days in glory.


Lives in Bulk

Giant, silent, and foreign
their cold wind swept decks
hold steel boxes
full of stolen lives.
Sons and daughters
mothers and fathers,
manufacturing synthetic lives
for peoples across the ocean
who believe not the makers,
but the sellers pathetic lies.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carlene said...

I am turning 50
I too try to laugh and smile
While my skin has grown older than I

Have an enriching year Corey!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corey, I miss you. I can't wait to see you again someday. How are things? I am so good.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Corey said...

Carlene,

Thank you for being my most faithful reader, even when i havent been a faithful writer. I really enjoy your comments. By the way, it looks as though a trip to New Zealand may be in the cards for me.

I was thinking while i was down that way i might hop on a plane and come visit you and Ross for a week or two if you would permit it. It wouldnt be until next year sometime (late winter or spring).

Let me know what you think.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Corey said...

Gary,

Good to hear from you. I miss working out with you. I'll let you know when i'm back in town.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home