3.30.2008

I Create

I create.
I conjure up visions
Like Disney brainstorms
Different ways to storm
Your three year olds brain
With pictures of what they call
Beauty and others call beastly.

You cannot convince me we
Were meant to live this way.
See because before I learned to
Speak in the languages of men
i knew right from wrong,
love from hate,
and heaven from hell.

Heaven was wasn’t some idea
That could only be had after death
No, it was loving others in the midst
Of their self hatred and mine.

I create.
Not like the developers
whose capitalist wet dreams
are to colonize our neighborhoods
transforming them into hollowed out
holes they dare to call homes.
Where living
is the last verb that comes
to mind and dying seems
a more feasible and apt
descriptive noun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home