9.21.2009

A Season Ends

You have to slow down to see it. Slow…way…down, down, down. Pull back on the brakes if you have to. That’s what I did.

I did and this is what I saw: streets aglow in the warm orange light of a fading summer sunset. The last sunset of the summer to be specific. And floating above those streets: various winged insects, dandelion blooms aimlessly (but full of purpose as well) searching for a new place to call home, spider webs catching the last rays of the season.

Tomorrow, with little pomp and circumstance, Fall will begin. My 28th Fall in this body to be exact. Apples will be pressed into cider, leaves will burst into flame, the nights will grow cooler and the days will call it quits sooner and sooner.

Fall comes and I feel ready. Ready for what I cannot say, but ready nonetheless. Change is in the air, and if you know what to look for you can see it coming long before it arrives.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Change is indeed coming, and soon. What, I similarly do not know.

But something is happening.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home