7.23.2006

Truth Without Grace Is Dead (and vice-versa)

“Grace...
It's a name for a girl
It's also a thought that, changed the world”
~U2

I believe there is some point in the near future when I will realize that Truth without Grace is unbearable. Today was not that day. I had a good talk with Katie about how Grace without Truth frustrates me to no end. She then proceeded to tell me of how devastating Truth can be without Grace. It was a conundrum I fear will be played out for the rest of my days.

As anyone who knows me will tell you I am never in short supply of things I think need to be changed. I voice my opinions (and I have an opinion for everything under the Sun) openly and unabashedly. I have never had trouble finding the Truth in any situation. What I have struggled with is allowing Grace to lead me once the Truth is revealed. In my world of black and white there isn’t much room for Grace. She just doesn’t fit into the space I make for her (that is often a very small space).

Grace contains everything Truth cannot hold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home