4.08.2007

The First Week

Spring rain lashes about on roof and deck as I sit inside next to a fire that is growing ever warmer by the minute. I listen to the raindrops being hurled by the wind onto the metal roof and am ever grateful for the gift of a shelter over my head. I think back on the week and try to decide what to share with you the few, the faithful, the blog readers. For the most part my week can be summed up in just one word: simplicity.

I’ve spent most of my days reading, hiking, cooking meals for myself, and making fast friends with the next-door neighbors. I wake between 7 and 8, make coffee, make breakfast, and sit down to read for the next few hours. And while I have thoroughly enjoyed most of my time here there have been times of loneliness, sadness, and despair. But I think I need those times. I have come to have a much greater appreciation and understanding of the low times, the middle times, and the high times. A good mix of all three is needed to keep a healthy outlook on life. Its only once we’ve been emptied out that we can really appreciate and accept the goodness of being filled back up.

I’ll close on that note. I have a movie and a bag of Easter candy that urgently need my attention. For the next couple of months you can expect to see a post only once or twice a week. Until next time, peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

true. enjoy your rain, we enjoyed ours (so did our few shoots)
chutes like shoots? or chutes like shoots.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home