7.21.2007

Drawn In

Late last night the wind, which usually blows in a variety of sea scented smells on this ocean enshrined island, brought the beautiful chords, both vocal and metallic, of Jason Harrod and Peter La Grand directly into my discerning ears.

I was preparing myself for sleep and had no intentions of taking in the sights and sounds of the festival happening in my back yard. Gingerly, tentatively I stalked across the dark field towards the dim candlelight flickering in the breeze. A small gathering of 10 or 12 people had circled themselves around the men manning the strings. I stood on the edge of the light, hid myself in shadow. I like observing and I didn’t want to encroach upon them in anyway so there I stood, leaning against a cedar, boughs creating a roof above my sleepy head.

What began as merely a curios observation became an experience that instilled a smile on my face throughout the unconscious hours of the night. Thank you Jason, Peter, and the other guys who were playing along with you.

And while the musicians were busy sharing their creations with the rest of creation I sat in my space and edited a few recently captured images. I was very pleased with a couple of them and I thought I would share them with you. Enjoy.


Vancouver, B.C. Downtown in mid-afternoon.


Jacqui Faber singing songs about old friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home