12.20.2009

The Egg Before The Chicken

It’s raining in Seattle again, and I don’t know what to do with my life. I’ve never really known and never understood those who seemed to decide their life path with such grace and ease.

Maybe if I lie on my bed long enough and stare at the ceiling hard enough it will come to me. I can memorize the ridges and bumps and holes and lumps that make up the drywall covering and perhaps all of those intricate mishaps will somehow coalesce into a life plan.

I'm almost 29 and find myself asking the same questions I did at 12.

Fuck searching for an answer, I'm hungry and feel like making an omelet.

And omelets, as we all know, make everything better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Poppa said...

I've never known what I wanted to do when I grew up. I still don't and I am 35, married with 1 child and another on the way. I didn't marry until I was 31. I still haven't grown up. Life plans are overrated. Find people and connect with them. Don't take yourself too seriously. Each of us is only one out of 6 billion, always keep that in mind. Love the one(s) your with. Most importantly, keep eating omelets.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Corey said...

thank you for the solid advice, Big Poppa, I needed too hear that.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I believe that we all come here with stuff we want to do. BUT then society gets ahold of us and shows us how wrong all of our intuition is, how we shouldn't trust our instincts and that our inner voice must be an imaginary friend.
The goal is to lose to find. Lose all the surface crap, the teachings, the philosophy, the layers. Then, what's left, what's deepest, what drives you, makes you happy, makes you wonder, makes you stop and listen. That's you. That's your passion and those are the beginnings of the trails you are to follow. Those trails then make up your life path. It seems to me dear sir you have found a trail head in photography. You are also sensitive for a reason. To better understand others, to have empathy, to connect, these are oh so necessary today more than ever. So many possibilities to help others and so many others looking for it.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home