7.24.2006

Body of Work

The big yellow orb bears down on me as I destroy the covering of this old house one shingle at a time.
One, two, three layers in all don’t forget the last made from the wood of trees cut down long ago.
Scramble off the roof onto the scaffolding down the ladder and into the house
Hide from the orb.
Dirt piles up on skin and hair, my skin and Virgil’s hair
Freckles blend with the dark brown dust blown from the shingles.
I make a funny face and the shutter opens, closes and opens again
And now I present to you
All that I am
Two eyes, a nose and one awfully disgusting tan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ross O said...

All dressed up ready for a night on the town Corey, might need some clothes over that makeup.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Angela Oliver said...

do they sell soap down there in the States? No matter - I hear you're up for a visit - what dates was that again? I can get some soap for you from the Wade-Meister. Tee hee hee

I love your art and your thoughts. Thanks for sharing
Ange

12:31 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

Ross,

I'm going for the "natural" look.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home