12.11.2006

3 a.m.

Today I will finish my first quarter of school. I sit down with my three professors at 11:10 and for ten minutes they will ask me various questions and decide my final grade. I expect this meeting to go off without a hitch.

I don’t usually write early in the morning but I didn’t sleep well last night and I think because of that my brain processes have been thrown out of whack. At 3 a.m. god sat on the edge of my bed and listened as I told him about why I’ve been so cold towards him. I didn’t have a good excuse and I didn’t feel like I needed one so I just told him the truth. I told him i have had this tendency as of late to let my doubts and fears stack up like a pile of old clothes on the end of my bed. I said that and then tried, unsuccessfully to go back to sleep. I’m ok with god needing to speak with me, but 3 in the morning isn’t the best time for me.

Now I’m bleary eyed and irritable. Thanks god.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

god sometimes chooses inconvenient times to talk to us, but i think that its mainly because thats the only time our ears are open. if he can catch us unaware (at 3am)or when we have no present thoughts, we have no need to shove him aside and say "tell me later god, im busy thinking now". when i was a kid i could hear him clearly, and i waited for the answers when i asked the questions. but so often we dont wait for the answers, or we answer them ourselves with something we want to hear.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff...

-jtt

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home