2.06.2007

Dark Nights

I've been reading this book by Thomas Moore called Dark Nights Of The Soul. I've found it to be ridiculous, preposterous and beautiful all at the same time. I don't suggest you go out and read it. Its not an entertaining read. Its a I-need-to-find-peace-in-the-darkness-of-my-life book. So if that's what you're looking for maybe you should pick it up.

Here are a few quotes from that text:

"Again, contemporary America values opinion over reflection. It always wants to know who is right, and not who has the most interesting and suggestive ideas."

"And so we are left with a great battle, not between good and evil, but between really living and just pretending."

~Thomas Moore

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

maybe i should read that book. that last quote sounds like my battle.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home