3.02.2007

Some More Stories


I’ve wasted enough time browsing through mind numbing web sites over subject matter that really doesn’t matter. I'm trying to sell an item on EBay and I can't help but hit the refresh button over and over again to see if anyone has put in a higher bid on the item. Funny thing is I don’t really need the money. But I am selling the item because I have a need for it less than I have a need for what I can buy with the cash. Shoes. For the first time I am trying to find a pair of shoes that will meet the following specific needs:

-made of earth friendly products in an earth friendly fashion,
-made by people who receive a good wage and work in a humane setting

-will last between 5 and 10 years (or more).

If anyone knows of a company that fits this description please, send the info my way.

I don’t tend to finish books as of late. I start them, read at most a few chapters into them and then abandon them. Either the stories I am finding aren’t worth reading or they are all saying the same things over and again, just with different characters and interchangeable locations. Some years back my Grandmother put this love of stories within me and I am very grateful to her for it.

The last few months have drawn me to stories that encompass these three elements in some form or fashion: my familys story (from Ireland to America but why?), this countrys story (was this ever the land we were told it was?), and my own story (what do I believe and why do I believe it?).

Some days the story becomes too big for me. Some days I become lost in someone else’s story.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i certainly doubt these will last 5-10 years. but they're the only socially aware shoes i know of.

http://www.tomsshoes.com/Default.aspx

9:38 PM  
Blogger Corey said...

Thanks for the link Josh. That is a pretty cool thing his company is doing.

9:55 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

i like your thoughts. a lot.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home