5.21.2006

I broke my Mac.

The trusty G4 Power book laptop that has delivered picture after picture and thought after thought for the last year has effectively died on me. I took it to the all too trendy Mac store in the U-Village and dropped the metal machine off for repair. Here is the greatest thing about all of this. It will not cost me a dime to fix it. Apple care is the best investment you can make when buying anything from Apple (I-pod to G5). Personally, I think Mac has been slipping in their production value. As their stock value soars through the roof the quality of their product seems to be compromised. When I dropped off my computer there was stack of computers behind the Genius Bar waiting to be shipped off for repair.

I don't believe in the value of the things we make (actually I never really have). Everything that is made has a built in expiration date and that date seems to shrink with the making of each new product.

I could be wrong in all of this and just be a little frustrated that I will be without my computer for the next week. Yeah, that's probably it. Anyway, I just thought I would let you know that these blog entries may be sparse in the next couple of weeks because of the lack of accessibility.

One more thing. I submitted an image to an online "“Faith and Arts"” magazine called Infuze and they put it on their website. I was a bit surprised when I saw the image on their site because they never sent me an e-mail or anything saying they were going to be using the image in their upcoming issue, but it's there none the less. So if you are visiting this site through Infuze, welcome!

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Corey, I was delighted to see your work in Infuze this morning, and I hope to see much more.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Ross O said...

Hi Corey,Great to find you,I look forward to catching you here now. Thank's again for all the great work at the wedding, your the MAN. Leigh's old man is a blogger now and I bought a digital camera,pretty scary stuff.Check it out some time.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home