5.28.2006

Quichua Machis at Folklife

Today turned out to be a pretty good day and these guys helped. Their beautiful South American songs lift my spirit every time I hear them. I recorded this traveling troupe of musicians (they call themselves Quichua Machis...Spanish anyone?) while enjoying the Seattle Folklife Festival with my friends Jacqui and Sarah. It's amazing what music can do to lift the soul. Press the play button too hear this talented group rejoice in their hope filled melodies.

Technical note: For all of you that care about this kind of thing, I did not fade the musicians out, I simply walked away with my recorder and picked up the ambient sounds of the fair as I went (the old school way of fading something out).

4 Comments:

Blogger Pasha said...

hey man I really like that picture of mexicans( or whatever latins)
thats awesome and I will definatly pray for you man.
Love.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the link. you guys both have nice sites. i see you're using evoca. i've heard good things about it.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Pasha said...

hey dude the music is amazing

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was listening to an album of Quichua Mashis and did a google search on them (misspelling their name) and your site came up #1 I think.

Turns out we have similar tastes! The first random quote I saw was from David Korten, whose Great Turning book has inspired me quite a bit; and the second quote was from Mary Oliver, a woman often mentioned in Unitarian Universalist circles. It's kind of weird. I'm going to add you to my blogroll in any case. Safe travels in Ireland.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home