8.13.2006

Energy

You know what, writing blog entries uses up a lot of energy for me. As of late, my energy supplies have been a bit taxed so my blog posts have been further apart and less in depth. Bear with me though. I'm working to get my boundaries (alone/quiet times) set back up and once I do I’ll have the energy required for me to articulate what I want to say.

It’s amazing to me how much of my energy is used up by doing seemingly simple things. For instance, you wouldn’t think that attending two get togethers (a pancake feast and Katie's birthday party) on the same day would absolutely drain me, but it did. I took the opportunity today to jump on the bus and spend the half the day walking around Discovery Park alone. It was great!

I'm still working through all the ins and outs of being an introvert in a totally extroverted world. Living in a city does not help. The sound of loud cars and fire engine sirens still annoys me after hearing everyday for a year straight.

I'm moving out of the townhouse I’ve been living in for the last year and am currently praying for a quieter, more laid back atmosphere to become available for me to rent. I love the city, but why are humans so loud!

Look for something more substantial (as far as writing goes) in the next few days.

3 Comments:

Blogger jenish said...

Dude you should move to Kyrgyzstan. We could find you a nice quiet appartment. Or you could live in a urt up in the mountains. It'd be great, wouldn't it. And by the way you were saying that you might come here in spring and take photos of highlanders. Are you still coming? Man that'd be awesome.

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an introvert, I get totally drained after being among a large crowd of people (ie - shopping mall, baseball game, on the interstate in atlanta during rush hour), whereas my extrovert wife gets all charged up and excited.
However, when it comes to one-on-one conversation, it doesn't phase me a bit.
Just don't fall into the temptation of being alone all the time. It's about getting the right balance between social time and cave time.

By the way, if any of you get the chance to go to Seattle, be sure to pay Corey a visit. I got to hang out with him for a couple of hours a short time ago, and it very interesting experiencing the environment he's surrounded by.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corey Hau..... Hey, i'm not sure I officially thanked you for all your hard work you helped me out with this summer. You're a pretty cool guy -- in that corey hau sort of way! lol.. anyway, I hope the rest of the summer goes great for you (what's left of it)... I'll get back to Seattle someday. I miss it, but home is amazing. Going to Georgia in January! I'll tell the east coast you said hello!

God bless!
Melissa Owens

PS. thanks again!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home