10.06.2006

Another Eventful Week.

Yes, I know it has been 6 days since I last posted and yes, I am ok with that. This week has been full of school, homework, Abbey work and work work (I started a job at a restaurant called Ivars). Pretty much my life is all about work right now. Some days I'm ok with that and others I hate it. But this season, like any season, will pass and I'm learning to focus on the good and deal with the bad as it comes.

Ok enough of that. So I was reading Google news (which at one point drove me into one of the most paranoid and delusional months of my life after reading numerous articles about how humanity was going to be wiped off the face of the earth by the bird flu) and found this quote from the John Bolton (he could be related to Michael Bolton but I really don't know. Even if he was do you think he would claim it? would you?), US ambassador to the United Nations, as he was commenting on the current threat of North Korea testing a nuclear weapon, "We think that the main point is that North Korea should understand how strongly the United States and many other Council members feel that they should not test this nuclear device, and that if they do test it, it will be a very different world, the day after the test." First off, who is the We he is talking about in the beginning of the quote and what does a very different world mean?

I think his comment scares me as much or more than the threat of North Korea testing a nuclear bomb.

Is he implying that the "superpowers" of the world are going to wipe North Korea from the face of the earth?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ross O said...

Im hearing you Corey, Media have a lot to answer for, like when they quote stats that you have no idea how they got them,too many times just because something is in print people assume it to be true and correct. "The majority beleive that'. luv that one.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Bolton was referring to the possibility of a nuclear arms race in East Asia. With NK building nuclear bombs, that could spur their enemy Japan to revive their military and pursue nuclear weapons, which would then cause their enemy China to step up their nuclear program, which would then cause Taiwan and South Korea to get nukes. Then, the ugly cycle begins.
If that all happens, then yes, it will be a very different world.
However, as far as wiping NK off the face of the earth, that will defintely not happen as long as China is around with its present leadership. I think the U.S. is hoping NK will go bankrupt and starve themselves to death in their attempt to become a nuclear power. After all, NK has already starved millions of their citizens to get this far.

By the way, Michael Bolton is an awesome softball player. I learned everything I know about softball from his legendary softball video.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

Mike, thats an awesome video. I'm gonna try and find it! Thanks for the insight into the whole South Asian arms race. I know you and I spoke a little bit about China and its future when you were visiting so I take your insight to heart. I just hope Bolton wasnt implying some kind of extreme action on our part.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home